Learn About Us
We are still working on this page. Check back later.
July 12, 1981, was a day of thanksgiving and praise at Salem Ev. Lutheran Church, Loretto, Minnesota. On that day the congregation dedicated a multipurpose addition to its Christian day school. Selected as theme for the day were the words "Working Together--Building for Christ." In the morning service Rev. Robert Kant, vacancy pastor during the construction of the building, spoke on Isaiah 66:1,2, answering the question, "Where Is God?" In the afternoon service of dedication Prof. Edward Lindemann, dean of students at Northwestern College, who served the congregation from 1968 to 1974, spoke on Psalm 78:1-7, answering the question: "Why Are the Members of Salem So Concerned about Christian Day School Education?" The assembly then gathered at the entrance to the new addition where Rev. Walter Davidson, pastor of Salem, laid the cornerstone and read the rite of dedication. Also participating in the ceremony was Rev. W. P. Haar, who served Salem from 1930 to 1968.
The church building was built in 1904.
Our church began in 1856.